Wednesday, January 7, 2015

So the day has come



I am going to have my first chemo infusion tomorrow morning at 9:30 am.
It's been 40 days since my primary doctor called day after Thanksgiving to confirm that I now have a breast cancer. But even now it seems so surreal to me that I am actually going to be sitting in that chemo chair soon.  Past few days I have been preparing to "get sick". Mostly cleaning and shopping to calm my nerves I guess. Creating SMS accounts were by far the most fun. 

I have been saying it for few years now that I'd start my personal blog sharing my life on worldwide web, but I didn't think it will begin with my cancer journal.
Embarrassingly, I've never mastered my second language. Hopefully my writing skill will advance as I write more often. I think that last time, I wrote this much was in college when I was trying hard to just graduate. I was on honor roll few times with double majoring but I am not sure how I did that. It’s a mystery.

I promise to keep subjects light and entertaining but if my journal somehow brings you down, please don't read cancer journal section of this blog. I'd hate to ruin your day.
I am starting this blog to share my journey with people that are close to my heart. And also with some of you who are seeking the light shining through your daily lives. I don't think I will have enough energy to share my war on cancer in details to everyone who cares for me without being emotional. So please follow my journey on this blog check back often to say hello.

Regardless of situation that I am in, I am excited that I have actually started my personal blog in 2015. I look forward to share this journey and my passion with you all. Some say "I have to fight for my life like I have never before." but honestly, I really don't know how to do that so I am hoping that you can help me go through this.
For instant updates, you can follow me on Instagram "brightviewfinder"
Above self-portrait was taken shortly after I got diagnosed. 

Best, TK


No comments:

Post a Comment